iProov is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a very busy team as Financial Controller. The successful candidate will report to the CFO and will work closely with the CEO at times. Additionally, for candidates exhibiting the right experience and appetite, the role may broaden to include sales contract management and working closely with the Revenue function.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the operational finance function
- Full production of consolidated Monthly Management Accounts for the business, including month end close process
- Managing all aspects of transactional finance
- Controlling and managing cashflow
- Day to day management, mentoring and development of full time Junior Accountant
- Regular liaison with Company’s senior leadership team members and all staff the UK, USA and in Singapore
- Payroll (UK, USA, Singapore)
- VAT reporting
- Management of inter-company arrangements and accounting
- Managing the Group’s annual statutory account and associated tax filings, liaising with the Company’s external statutory accounting firm in the UK
- Managing all Group compliance filings (tax, PAYE, Companies House and equivalent in USA and Singapore)
- Working with CEO on Government grant applications and managing subsequent grant body audits and compliance reporting
- Dependent on experience, responsibilities may also include managing Group insurance, office rent/landlord liaison, EIS/EMI documentation and filings, share options agreements, managing HR
- Experience managing sales contracts (Desirable but highly advantageous)
- Having worked as a Finance Controller in a scale-up (Desirable but highly advantageous)
Work with CFO to improve and, in time, take responsibility for:
- Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Variance analysis and any related commentary
- Production of board reports
- Develop flash reporting FI and KPI dashboards for weekly and monthly reporting
Given the current size of the business, volume of financial transactions and capabilities of the Junior Accountant, the core Financial Controller role is part time at 2 to 3 days per week.
Additionally, subject to relevant experience, there is an opportunity to commit more time and become involved other areas of the business such as the Sales-Finance interface and better defining sales contract format and processes. When combined with the core FC role, these additional responsibilities may require the role to be full time.
- CIMA or ACCA qualification (although experience will also be taken into account for the right person)
- Strong experience working up to Management Accounts level
- Strong leader of people
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good IT skills (financial software, databases and spreadsheets)
- Experience working in a growth/scaling environment
- Have an eye for continuous improvement
- For Sales-Finance interface aspects, legal/contract management experience
iProov is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.