iProov is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing technology team in London. You will be responsible for working with the platform and reporting teams to maintain and advance our data warehousing and reporting capabilities.
iProov is on a mission to make the internet a safer place for businesses and consumers. Our unique facial biometric technology allows banks, governments, healthcare and travel providers to verify customer identity online and provide simple access to secure services.
In 2020 we were recognised as a Gartner Cool Vendor and as the 5th fastest growing technology company in the UK by Deloitte. We work with fantastic customers across a number of industry sectors – organisations using our technology include the US Department of Homeland Security, the UK Home Office, the NHS, Eurostar, the Singapore government, ING and many more.
The Senior Data Engineer is expected to be remote until summer 2021 and will then be based at our London HQ. The Senior Data Engineer will report to the Head of Development.
- Working with the platform and reporting teams to maintain and advance our data warehousing and reporting capabilities.
- Providing domain expertise to ensure our data pipeline runs at 100% reliability and accuracy, paying attention to observability and monitoring of the data pipeline platform.
- Documenting and sharing best practices within the team.
- Keeping abreast with the latest developments in data pipeline technology and data protection requirements.
- Working within a modern Python codebase, using Beam, MongoDB, and deploying with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform.
- Demonstrated previous experience in data engineering in a commercial setting.
- Strong experience with Python and Beam. Previous experience using equivalent data streaming technologies is welcome.
- Strong debugging skills and familiarisation with tooling.
- Focus on well documented experimentation, analysis, instrumentation and debugging.
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams: we have a flexible, results-oriented working culture and our development and operations team is split between the US, UK and Singapore.
- You behave like an owner and take full responsibility and pride in your work.
- You possess the ability to think laterally and innovatively to advance through any obstacles in your path.
- You have the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You take initiative in your tasks and signal up when a new challenge is needed.
- Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
- The right to work in the UK.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available to iProov employees.
iProov is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.