iProov is a world leader in spoof-resistant, biometric facial authentication technology. Its technology is used by banks, governments, healthcare and travel providers around the world to enable secure, effortless customer onboarding and authentication. This process ensures that new and returning users are genuine and can be trusted.
iProov has a head office in London Waterloo and is rapidly growing its business and teams with recently opened offices in Washington (US), and Singapore.
The Web Software Engineer will report to the Head of Development.
Your future responsibilities:
- Working with the backend team on an ongoing basis to ensure that communications between the client and server are secure and tamper-proof to the best of our ability.
- Providing domain expertise to ensure iProov’s Web SDK is best secured against tampering or manipulation on the client device.
- The ability to roleplay in a “red team” to prototype attack scenarios on client facing parts of the iProov Platform..
- Documenting and mitigating attack scenarios.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the web platform to identify ways to improve security or exploit vulnerabilities.
- A solid understanding of TLS, certificate pinning, proxies, MITM and encryption.
- The ability to use debugging tools to explore applications as they run.
- Web platform technologies: MediaStream API, Canvas API are must-haves.
- Focus on well documented experimentation, performance and security analysis, instrumentation and debugging
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams: we have a flexible, results-oriented working culture and our development and operations team is split between the US, UK and Singapore.
- You behave like an owner and take full responsibility and pride in your work.
- You possess the ability to think laterally and innovatively to advance through any obstacles in your path.
- You have the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You take initiative in your tasks and signal up when a new challenge is needed.
- Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
- The right to work in the UK.
iProov offers a competitive salary. This role is offering between £45,000 and £70,000 pa. The salary offered will be dependant on qualifications and experience.
iProov is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or veteran status.