iProov is looking for an Android developer to join our mobile team, continue development of the SDK that allows our customers to use the iProov services within their apps, and maintain our public app store release. The role also involves building bespoke custom apps that use our SDK, and occasionally working on greenfield R&D projects.
Our SDKs use WebSockets to stream a live video of the user to our backend servers while illuminating their face with our patented Flashmark technology. The video is processed in real-time using our deep-learning algorithms to determine that the correct user is generally present in front of the camera. The SDKs make extensive use of the device’s hardware including the front-facing camera, hardware H264 encoder, GPU and Trusted Execution Environment. The latest version of our SDK is available on GitHub: https://github.com/iProov/android.
About the role
Day to day, you'll usually be working from our friendly London based office with 2-3 other developers working on the project. The team is mostly self-organising with a flat-ish management structure, with regular syncs and good communication processes to ensure nobody gets stuck. There is steering from the leadership team when needed, but other than that, we should be able to trust whoever’s working on something to do things well.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop technical and business skills in a fast growing startup and to exchange knowledge and skills with a passionate and experienced team.
- Solid commercial experience developing native Android apps in Java
- Familiarity with Android Studio & Gradle
- Understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of design patterns (MVP/MVVM etc)
- Knowledge of RxJava
- Experience in unit testing (e.g. Mockito) and working with CI (Continuous Integration)
- Knowledge of Android camera APIs (camera & camera2)
- Any experience in video processing apps (filtering, face recognition, etc)
- Familiarity with OpenGL
- Understanding of video encoding (H.264, MediaCodec APIs)
- Understanding of building Android library projects (AAR/Maven)
- Knowledge of Kotlin
- Any iOS development experience
- Good interpersonal skills (at all levels) with the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You should be happy to take initiative in your tasks and be relatively self-organising.
- Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
- The right to work in the EU.
We are a rapidly growing innovative company providing secure and user friendly authentication using unique face-based technology. We have a team that combines academic experience from world leading universities with extensive expertise in building industry-leading companies. Our technology, which has been developed in-house, is fully patented and we are the recipient of a number of highly competitive innovation grants.
Our customers include multiple major European Banks such as ING and Rabobank, Government organisations including the US Department of Homeland Security and smaller technology focused companies.
This is a very fast-growing industry with significant growth forecast, and iProov is right at the centre of this, creating many opportunities for individual growth and development.
Most recently we were recognised by
- Citi Bank, which last month awarded us its global Fintech ‘Tech for Integrity’ award, and
- The UK Government National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) which selected iProov as the winner of its Dragons’ Den award and went on to brand us a top UK cyber-security SME.
iProov helps various types of organisation with their digital onboarding, Know Your Customer (KYC), ID verification and authentication requirements. This video provides an excellent summary including a demonstration of the onboarding solution from the Norwegian bank DNB http://finovate.com/videos/finovateeurope-2017-iproov/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.