We are looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer to join our wonderful team at iProov.
We’re on a mission to make the internet a safer place for businesses and consumers. Our unique facial biometric technology allows banks, governments, and travel operators to authenticate customers remotely and provide fast, simple access to secure services. We’re growing fast and internationally, with fantastic customers across a number of industry sectors - organisations using our technology include the Home Office, the Department of Homeland Security, NHS, Rabobank, ING and many more.
The Application Support Engineer will be based in iProov’s London Waterloo headquarters, supporting teams in the UK and in our recently opened offices in Washington DC and Singapore. You’ll be friendly, motivated and enthusiastic in support employees across the globe.
Please note that we are not looking for Tech support. Both roles are different.
- Perform 1st line application support to tickets coming to external service desk: troubleshooting, diagnosing and managing incidents and service requests
- Manage the customer knowledge base
- Answer telephone calls, emails and handle ticket correspondence
We expect a level of understanding of the following products:
- HTTP, TLS, Oauth, REST APIs and tools like Postman
- iOS (Swift, Xcode, Cocoapods, Carthage)
- Android (Java, Android Studio)
- Xamarin (Visual Studio, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Forms)
- NoSQL databases
- JS, CSS and browser dev tools
- Networking and DNS
- Confidence in communicating with developers and technical resources over the phone
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive working in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent customer management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities
- Capable to work independently
- Can do and learn attitude, eagerness to learn and make an impact
- Ability to ‘wow’ the customer
- Excellent communications skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.