Join our fast expanding team as our new PHP Developer and contribute to our rapidly growing success.
You’ll be based in our friendly London office with 3-4 other developers working on the product. Our team is self-organising, occasionally remote with a flat-ish management structure. We have regular syncs and good communication processes to ensure nobody gets stuck. Guidance from our leadership team is provided when needed but we trust everyone to do things well and work independently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop technical and business skills in a fast growing startup and to exchange knowledge and skills with a passionate and experienced team.
- Using PHP7 and Symfony to build APIs and other services
- Deploying our services as Docker containers with Kubernetes
- Talking to other APIs, including the iProov and Freshdesk APIs
- Test driven development with PHPUnit
- Working in a fast moving code-base with strong Git skills
- Having knowledge of Ansible, Docker, Terraform, any enthusiasm around DevOps
- Using Behat, Cypress, and using various security testing frameworks
- Collaborating with the rest of the team with code reviews, evaluating and discussing the best solution for some technical or product requirement, and documenting our work and architecture
- Our build pipeline leans heavily on automation and CI, so some configuration knowledge would be handy
- Loving automation to improve and ensure security and to automate tedious tasks
- Bonus points if you have any React/Redux or Python knowledge
- You've heard of secure development practices and want to uphold those good standards
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- You've any experience of working in an ISO27001 certified organisation
- You have good interpersonal skills and the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint
- You should be happy to take initiative in your tasks and be relatively self-organising
- You’re eager to ship releases and new features
- You’re able and willing to debate to put forward improvements to processes