iProov is looking for a React/Redux developer to join our partner portal team, building the infrastructure that allows customers to provision iProov services and to sell on to their customers.
The technology backing the portal is a mixture of PHP (Symfony) and MySQL in the backend, and React/Redux on the frontend. We provision and make changes to infrastructure using Ansible, and host the platform on Microsoft Azure.
About the role
Day to day, you'll usually be working from our friendly London based office with 2-3 other developers working on the project. The team is mostly self-organising with a flat-ish management structure, with regular syncs and good communication processes to ensure nobody gets stuck. There is steering from the leadership team when needed, but other than that, we should be able to trust whoever’s working on something to do things well.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop technical and business skills in a fast growing startup and to exchange knowledge and skills with a passionate and experienced team.
- Significant experience building scalable commercial React and Redux applications
- Experience with various methods for testing components and integrations
- Experience with SASS or similar pre-processors
- Experience with defining and integrating REST APIs
- Experience with coordinating tasks on complex software development projects
- Git skills to work with a fast-moving codebase in a distributed team
- Experience working with Create React App
- You've heard of secure development practices and want to uphold those good standards
- Bonus points if you have any PHP or MySQL knowledge (this is not a backend role, but knowledge of these technologies would make collaboration easier)
- You've any experience of working in an ISO27001 certified organisation
- Developing a mission-critical React / Redux / Bootstrap 4 frontend client
- Liaising with designers to implement frontend experiences based on design discussion or documentation
- Liaising with backend developers to agree API specifications, and to implement those specifications
- Liaising with the senior leadership team to ensure the project is on the correct course
- Collaborating with the rest of the team with code reviews, evaluating and discussing the best solution for some technical or product requirement, and documenting our work and architecture
- Good interpersonal skills (at all levels) with the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint.
- You should be happy to take initiative in your tasks and be relatively self-organising.
- Eager to ship releases and new features, but also able and willing to debate and put forward improvements to process and how we do things.
The right to work in the EU.
iProov is a recognised industry leader, developing world-beating identity authentication systems based on our patented biometric cybersecurity technology. Our team includes experienced leaders and outstanding technologists.
Our customers include multiple major European Banks such as ING and Rabobank, Government organisations including the US Department of Homeland Security and smaller technology focused companies.
This is a very fast-growing industry with significant growth forecast, and iProov is right at the centre of this, creating many opportunities for individual growth and development.
Most recently we were recognised by
- Citi Bank, which last month awarded us its global Fintech ‘Tech for Integrity’ award, and
- The UK Government National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) which selected iProov as the winner of its Dragons’ Den award and went on to brand us a top UK cybersecurity SME.
iProov helps various types of organisation with their digital onboarding, Know Your Customer (KYC), ID verification and authentication requirements. This video provides an excellent summary including a demonstration of the onboarding solution from the Norwegian bank DNB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.