Join our fast expanding team as our new Systems Administrator and contribute to our rapidly growing success.
You’ll be based in our friendly London office collaborating closely with 3-4 colleagues. Our team is self-organising, occasionally remote with a flat-ish management structure. We have regular syncs and good communication processes to ensure nobody gets stuck. Guidance from our leadership team is provided when needed but we trust everyone to do things well and work independently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your team and business skills in a fast-growing startup and to exchange knowledge and skills with a passionate and experienced team.
- System administration of CentOS servers in the Cloud and Data Centres
- Network design and management in the Cloud and Data Centres
- Setup and tuning of new systems for example monitoring, logging, backups, patching in the Cloud and Data Centres
- User management and support across all systems including implementing new systems
- Working with and upholding ISO 27001 processes
- This will be a great opportunity to develop technical and business skills in a fast-growing startup and to be mentored by a passionate and experienced team.
- Strong CentOS (or RHEL) skills with practical selinux experience, and working knowledge of other linux distros and OSs
- Cloud infrastructure skills, Azure in particular
- Data Centre skills including deployment, remote management and PXE,
Docker & Kuberenetes
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure management tooling (e.g. Zabbix, Splunk, ELK, Nagios, patching, Cloud native options such as Azure Application Insights)
- Strong desire to automate using appropriate scripts (BASH, Python, YAML) and document (Markdown)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint
- Excellent organiser and planner with problem-solving skills, initiative and creativity
- Degree to 2:1 level in any technical subject desirable but not essential
- You have good interpersonal skills and the confidence to state a clearly reasoned and articulated viewpoint
- You should be happy to take initiative in your tasks and be relatively self-organising
- You’re eager to ship releases and new features
- You’re able and willing to debate to put forward improvements to processes