iProov's patented Flashmark technology protects users without user effort:
- The host organisation requests iProov to verify a user, without sharing any personal information about the user.
- A unique, one-time code is sent to the user device just as the authentication starts;
- The screen flashes a sequence of colours for 2.5 seconds according to the code (the Flashmark);
- Light from the flashing screen reflects from the user's face;
- During the flashing, video of the user is streamed to iProov's servers;
- The user's face is matched against their enrolment image and images of every subsequent successful authentication
- iProov servers analyse the reflection of the display light on the user's face;
- The pattern of reflection is examined to check it comes from a real face
- The sequence of colours is checked to ensure it is the same as the session Flashmark
- Other aspects of the video image and other data are also analysed
- If verified, iProov sends the host organisation the answer, which the host must independently check with iProov for extra safety
Flashmarked images cannot be reused and are worthless if stolen.