It’s been a very busy six months here at iProov.
The growth of Genuine Presence Assurance – the ability to confirm that an individual is the right person, a real person, and engaging right now when you’re dealing with them online rather than in the physical world – was already underway when the pandemic struck.
The COVID-19 crisis accelerated the need for remote authentication. Firstly, more people needed to complete more processes online, which meant that verifying identity digitally became essential. Secondly, online fraud increased considerably, with criminals taking advantage of the crisis. The ability to combat machine-driven online crime, which iProov provides, is needed more than ever before.
So what’s been achieved at iProov over the past few months?
- 2020 started with our continued expansion in the US and the opening of our Maryland office.
- In February we launched iProov for Kiosk, enabling our customers to bring biometric authentication to physical locations. It was a big hit at Finovate Europe, where we won Best of Show for the third year running.
- In March, we announced our involvement in Estonia’s digital identity program, the first solution using cloud, machine learning and biometric authentication to achieve a “high” level of eIDAS conformance.
- April brought another significant product launch, this time with iProov Web. This enables iProov customers to authenticate their users on web browsers as well as mobile apps, bringing greater inclusivity and accessibility and opening up services to a wider audience.
- As the pandemic hit, iProov’s work with the NHS login service proved the value of online onboarding and authentication; over 60,000 UK citizens verified themselves in the first week of April. This took the total to 1 million users registered.
- To help support the crisis, iProov also offered its services to startups that were building solutions. These included bkynd and bloomd, who launched social networks connecting individuals looking for assistance or companionship.
- June began with us winning Best Authentication Technology 2020 at the SC Awards. The judges recognised Genuine Presence Assurance as “Game changing for customers and companies looking for speed with security”.
- Our work with Eurostar also hit the headlines. An opt-in fast-track biometric corridor is being developed at St Pancras International to allow Eurostar passengers to board their trains without needing to show tickets and passports at the ticket gates.
- The headlines also said it all in June: “Has the UK Just Quietly Seen One of the Most Successful Government IT Projects Ever?”. Our work with the UK Home Office on the application process for the EU Settlement Scheme reached a milestone with 3.1 million applications submitted. Peaks of 25,000-30,000 a day were handled successfully, with a high percentage of applicants completing the entire process in under 10 minutes.
- We continued to grow our partner network, teaming up with NorthRow to provide simplified onboarding solutions to property companies, financial institutions, law firms, accountants and other professional services organizations.
- We also announced our partnership with Mvine, working on a digital passport to assist with the management of COVID-19.
Stay tuned for more innovation, exciting new developments, and customer and partner news from iProov over the next six months. We’re just getting started.
Follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter and keep up to date.